Pre-conception, pregnancy, and nursing are critical times to optimize a mother’s health and nutrition, which is important for both for mom and baby. Overall nutritional and caloric needs greatly increase during this time. However, it is often difficult for a woman to fulfill her daily nutrient needs through diet alone.
Thorne’s Basic Prenatal is specifically formulated with the special needs of conception, pregnancy, and breastfeeding in mind. Our formula contains well-absorbed, tissue-ready vitamins and minerals that are gentle on the stomach and non-constipating.
Benefits of Thorne’s Basic Prenatal at each stage:
• Daily multi-vitamin/mineral support for a woman of childbearing age.
• Provides beneficial nutrients that are important from the moment of conception.
• Folate facilitates healthy brain and spinal cord development. Basic Prenatal includes the bioactive form of folate – 5-MTHF.
• Vitamins C, B6, and K have been shown to benefit “morning sickness.”
• Contains the well-absorbed and well-researched iron bisglycinate to meet a pregnant woman’s increased need for iron.
• Provides the extra nutrients needed for continued healthy fetal development and to prepare mom and baby for birth.
After Pregnancy through Nursing
• Nutritional support for increased demand for calcium and vitamin D in the diet.
|Boron (Glycinate Complex)||1mg|
|Chromium (Nicotinate Glycinate)||100mcg|
|Folate (L-5-MTHF)||1.7mg DFE|
|Iodine (Potassium Iodide)||150mcg|
|Manganese (Bisglycinate Chelate)||5mg|
|Vitamin A (Beta carotene)||450mcg|
|Vitamin A (Palmitate)||600mcg|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)||5mg|
|Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)||200mcg|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin 5′-Phosphate Sodium)||5mg|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide)||30mg|
|Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)||18mg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal 5′-Phosphate)||12mg|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)||150mg|
|Vitamin E (d-Alpha-Tocopheryl)||33.5mg|
|Zinc (Bisglycinate Chelate)||25mg|
|Other Ingredients: Calcium Laurate, Hypromellose Capsule|